Sunday, March 21, 2010

New Friends

For the third time since January, the kids and I got together with some of the mommies from my online group. I have to say, I really enjoy getting to meet these people, who prove to be just as awesome in real life as they are on the discussion forum! It is really nice to meet other moms who are around my age, come from similar educational backgrounds, have common interests, etc. We always find so much to talk about! Anyway, I knew one of the girls who came today (with her two adorable kiddos), but we got to meet a few others, too. As you will see, Maya became fast friends with a little boy named Carter who, because of an incredibly rare genetic mutation, is the same age as Nikos but is more cognitively on par with Maya. It was so sweet how the two of them interacted! And Nikos, for his part, enjoyed playing with bubbles with his old friend, "New Brady" (not to be confused with Brady at daycare).





No comments: