Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mr. Super Memory

i don't know if I have mentioned this before, but Nikos really has an amazing memory. He never ceases to surprise me by just how much he notices and remembers. Even if I don't think he's paying attention, he really IS-- and will bring it up in conversation at a much later date. Which brings us to our conversation this afternoon.

Out of the blue, he said to me, "Janie go to the Chinese kite festival." I had no idea what he was referring to, but hearing the words "Chinese kite festival" coming out of my baby's mouth made me giggle a little (he's so grown up!). I asked him about it, and he repeated it. I figured he HAD to be talking about a TV show. I know that they sometimes watch TV at daycare, and figured he had to be referring to something he'd seen. I asked him if it was something from the show "Ni Hao Kai-Lan," since I know she (Kai-Lan) is Chinese, and I thought I had seen some preview for an episode involving kites. No, no, no! Nikos was ADAMANT that it was not about Kai-Lan. He kept saying "Oomy-Zoomy," which sounded like total gibberish. I had no idea what he was talking about.

Well... As it turns out, there is a show called UmiZoomi. And an episode where someone named Jeannie goes to a Chinese kite festival. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that that was what he was talking about. :)

No comments: