Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A New Lens!

Gus is awesome. I'm sure you already knew that, but he is seriously just about the nicest guy on the planet. I have been wanting to buy this new lens for a while now (Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, if that means anything to you!), and last week he was like, "You know what? If you really want it, and you will use it, then just go ahead and get it." I found a fantastic deal on a mint-condition used lens, and it arrived today. I. LOVE. IT. It takes such crisp pictures, but has so much more flexibility than the other lens I was using most of the time. Seriously, it's incredible. Here are just a few shots I got with it this afternoon...




I should add that my photography business is starting to take off, and I couldn't be more excited! I have about 10 sessions lined up already, with the next one on April 3rd. I'm not charging yet-- just offering my free services to build my portfolio, but I'm thinking this could definitely turn into something profitable by the end of the year. I can't wait to see where things go! :)

No comments: