Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Update

Well, last night was a little better. We kept him medicated all day, and made sure he had a dose of everything right before bed. He felt pretty cool at bedtime, which was a big improvement. And he slept a lot better this time. He made it all the way to 3:30am before waking up. Coincidentally (or not so coincidentally?), that was when Maya woke up for a feeding. I think it's funny that all his screaming the night before didn't faze her one bit, but a few minutes of her quiet fussing woke him right up! He must be a light sleeper like his mommy, I suppose...

Anyhow, he woke up at 3:30am wanting water, so Gus showed him where his sippy cup was (it was already in bed with him). He went back to sleep for a bit, and then started fussing and eventually crying at around 4:30. This time, I went to check on him. I stroked his hair, and he drifted off to sleep. I went to tiptoe out of his room and BAM! He woke up, saw me leaving, and started WAILING! Great! I decided that he was probably in pain and due for another dose of medicine. As I went to the kitchen to get it, the little booger escaped! He ambled down the hall crying for "Diego! Diego!!" He climbed up on the couch and handed me the remote. And, only because he's sick, we sat and watched "Go Diego, Go" at 5am. Have we created a monster? Probably. But we will work on cutting down our Diego time once he's recovered. For now, he gets what he wants.

The funny thing is that, after watching two episodes of Diego, Nikos seemed to be back to his normal, happy self! He danced to the music, colored with his crayons, and ate crackers. Definitely an improvement over yesterday (though the getting-up-at-5am thing needs to stop ASAP). I just hope he recovers completely very soon, because this virus is ruining all our sleep!

No comments: