Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Two Month Letter

Dear Maya,


Well, you've done it again-- I blinked, and somehow you were two months old already. I know they say that time seems to go faster as you get older, but this is just ridiculous. I swear that you were just a little 7 pound, 11 ounce newborn only yesterday! I could go on and on about how the time is flying by, but I'm sure you won't be too terribly interested in that when you read this letter many years from now. Instead, let me tell you how much you have changed in the past month!


I couldn't tell you exactly how much you weigh right now, but it's a safe bet that it's a lot more than just a few weeks ago. You have become wonderfully, beautifully plump! And before you read this and think, "Gee, Mom, thanks for posting that on the internet..." allow me to explain. Breastfeeding can be both challenging and stressful for me. I always worry that you aren't getting enough, or that I'm not making enough, etc. But seeing you plump up over the past few weeks makes me feel like a success! You have these chubby little arms and dimpled elbows that are beyond cute. Everyone you meet these days comments on what a beautiful and healthy-looking baby you are. You are definitely getting enough to eat!

On a related note, you have also started to sleep through the night on a pretty consistent basis since you hit the six-week point. Considering that your brother didn't come anywhere close to sleeping through the night until he was closer to six MONTHS old, we are dumbfounded by our good luck. You generally go down for the night somewhere around 9pm, and wake up for a feeding at around 5:30am. For that morning feeding, I usually take you into our bed and feed you there, and then the two of us go back to sleep for another hour or so until your brother wakes up. I love our early-morning snuggle sessions! I don't get a lot of quality sleep, as you like to snuggle up in my armpit, but I love watching you snooze and staring at your adorable little face.

You have also started to become more aware of your surroundings, and will lock eyes with people who come within your visual range. When you're awake, you are usually very calm and serene, content to just take in what's happening around you with your big, blue-brown-gray eyes. You've been out and about quite a bit this month, meeting a lot of new people (including your Great-Grandma Patty, your Great-Aunt Stacy, and Nikos' godparents, Maria and Manoli). While you don't nap as well when you're away from home, you don't flip out, either. And for that, we thank you!

In short, you are an amazing, wonderful little girl, and we all adore you. Your Daddy and I somehow hit the jackpot with two beautiful and healthy children, and we love you more than you will ever know. You're our number one girl, and don't ever forget that!

All Our Love,

Mommy and Daddy

P.S. Today you are two months old, and your daddy is 348 months old (Happy Birthday, Gus!! We love you!)

No comments: