Monday, June 8, 2009

Out and About

Well, I knew it had to happen at some point... I had promised my students that I would bring Maya to see them before the school year ended, and today was the day! All the fifth graders were at the local pool for their end-of-year party, so I loaded Maya into the car and headed on over. And oh. my. goodness. To get into the pool area, you have to go through the bathroom/locker room. And as soon as I walked in there, I was swarmed by fifth grade girls. As soon as we left the bathroom and were by the pool, the swarm grew bigger. And bigger. I felt like the Pied Piper, leading a herd of fifth graders around the pool! haha! I walked over to where my coworkers were sitting in the shade, and grabbed a chair. The kids were so cute! As part of their year-end treats (which they received this morning), they get disposable cameras. So the paparazzi descended upon poor Maya... I have no idea how many pictures they took of her, but it was a LOT. Luckily, she was totally asleep, and remained that way throughout the entire visit.

Anyway, as much as I don't miss teaching right now (I'd much rather be "mommy" at the moment), I realized that I did miss some of these kiddos. It was nice to see them again, and to feel missed. I got lots of soggy hugs today. :)

No comments: