Thursday, April 5, 2007

Why you shouldn't Google your own name

So I was bored, and Googled my own name to see what would pop up. This is what I found:

Warren E. "Gene" C. Resident of Walnut Creek: Gene passed away at his home January 30, 2007 at the age of 80. He is survived by his wife, Patty. They had been married for nearly 59 years. Gene retired in 1983 after 37 years with the Bell System. He spent several years at Bell Laboratories in New Jersey, and with American Bell International in Tehran, Iran. In addition to his wife, he is survived by three children: Jeffery C. and his wife, Kristen of Murrieta, California; Stacy C. of Grass Valley, California, and Dana C.W. and her husband, Robert, of Los Angeles, California. He leaves five grandchildren: Briar P., Grant C., Evan B.,Emma W. and Nathaniel W. At his request, there will be no services.

That was depressing. I wasn't expecting my grandpa's obituary to show up.

No comments: