Monday, April 23, 2007

Second Trimester!


Happy Dance!!


I MADE IT!!! I mean, I was pretty sure I wouldn't have a problem, but the first trimester was still scary and nerve-wracking. The statistics are terrifying-- nearly one out of every five pregnancies end in miscarriage in the first trimester. Sure, the odds are still in favor of not miscarrying, but the whole 20%-thing isn't exactly reassuring. But now the odds are much better... From what I've read, there is something like a 97% chance that I will go on to deliver a perfectly healthy baby. And I'll take those odds any day! :)

In other news... My prayers seemed to have been answered! For the past few evenings, I haven't felt nauseous. I've also been able to stay up later (like before I was pregnant). I didn't even realize it until Friday night, when I went to bed at around 10:30 before even realizing how late it was (VERY late, compared my my 9:00 bedtime recently). I can actually keep my eyes open past 9:00- this is quite a development! Everyone says that the second trimester is the best... So far (in my vast, one day's worth of experience), I'd have to agree.

One more thing... I have my next doctor's appointment a week from tomorrow! I hope I get another ultrasound... At the very least, I'll finally be able to hear the baby's heartbeat. Yay! I can't believe how quickly things are going!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dork! that looks just like you, but your stomach isn't that big yet, it it?!?!?!


congratulations on finishing the first trimester!

Anonymous said...

Nope, not that big yet! But I had the choice of either being pregnant or not, so I went big. hehe!

Alayna said...

YAY! Congrats on entering the second trimester!