Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Old Wives' Tales

This is really weird... Last night, Gus' parents met us for dinner (since it was Gus' name day). That's not the weird part. The weird part is that, once we got there, Nick sized up my belly and told me, point blank, that I was having a boy. Sure, I already knew that, but he didn't!!! Ever since I found out I was pregnant, he told me not to tell him the sex so that he could have his chance to work his magic. I couldn't believe it! I know he had a 50-50 chance of being right, but he said it right away and was so confident about it... It was unnerving! When I asked him to explain how he did that, he said that he goes by an old wives' tale that says that if a pregnant woman's belly is higher up and rounder, then it's a boy (lower and not as round means a girl). And apparently (according to both him and Fofo), he has never once been wrong in his predictions! That is so weird! I need to tell my coworker about this... she swears by this Chinese calendar that she has, but she's been wrong the last 3 out of 4 pregnancies. Maybe it's time for her to go Greek?? :)

No comments: