Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

Gus and I just walked in the door after a long day spent with our families. We actually left the house at 7am today to have breakfast with my mom (and dad and brother). Then, at around 11, we left to meet Gus' parents for lunch, then hung out with them at their house for a bit after that. It was great to see everyone, but I am completely exhausted right now (and have a splitting headache, to top it off!). The avocado-baby and I need to rest for a bit!

Anyway... Today got me thinking about what things will be like at this time next year. I'll get to be the mommy! It's been kind of interesting this week, chatting with various people about whether or not I "qualify" as a mother today. Some people (like, Gus, for one) think that you're not truly a mother until you can hold the baby in your arms. Meanwhile, I received a handful of Mother's Day cards and well-wishes from various people ("For the Mother-To-Be"), and I even got two gifts! One of my students brought me a little flower arrangement (awww!), and another student's mom gave me a 3-pack of sleepers for the baby. So... I don't know if Mother's Day is meant for pregnant people or not! Of course, I love all the presents and attention... but I have a feeling that next year will be VERY different, when there's an actual little baby to hold and love. But I guess I'll have to wait a year to find out for sure!

Speaking of the baby (like I speak of anything else!)... I *think* I've felt movement a few times now, though I'm still not 100% sure. It felt kind of like little bubbles-- almost like I had gas, but then I really didn't (I know, I know- too much information!). I am pretty positive I felt it move during the yoga class yesterday. It's hard to be sure, though! I guess I'll have to wait for the movements to become more obvious, so that I can look back and figure out if that's what I've been feeling. Boy, I feel like such a great mom already... I can't tell if my baby is moving or if I might need to use the restroom! Greeeaaat...

Oh, and one more thing! I had a dream last night that the baby was a little boy. I dreamt that I was at school on Wednesday, after my Tuesday ultrasound, and I was telling her how Santa was going to have a little buddy (we call her baby Santa for fun. Who doesn't love Santa??). I've been thinking it was a girl up until now-- and now I just have no idea. Anyway, it seemed pretty real, but who knows??? Less than 48 hours until we could possibly have some answers to that question!

P.S. For the record, my coworkers have named my baby Zeus- regardless of whether or not it's a boy. Zeus and Santa are fetus friends, hehehe! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crazy dreams.... don't completely ignore them.

What do you think of naming a boy Thor?