Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Two Sickies


AAACK! We had such a great weekend together, only for it to end so badly!

Yesterday, despite being in a great mood, Nikos complained periodically about his tummy hurting. We had a few less-than-pleasant trips to the potty, but I figured that was it. However, bedtime rolled around, and he kept waking up crying. And then he puked, and I caught it in my hands (file under: "things I never thought I would do before I became a mom"). Gus ended up snuggling with him in his bean bag chair for a while before he calmed down enough to go back to sleep.

This morning, Maya was cranky, but I thought it was possibly due to her sleep being disrupted by her brother. Nikos said his tummy still hurt, so the plan was for Gus to stay home with him until 11:30 or so, when I would come home. Maya still went to daycare. All went according to plan until around 2:00, when Bonnie called. Maya had a fever, and was inconsolable. Ugh!!

Seconds later, Bonnie was on our front porch with our sick baby girl. Can I just say how nice it is to have our daycare right next door??? Anyway, Maya was hot and sweaty, and I gave her some acetaminophen right away. All she wanted to do was lay in my arms and whimper and watch tv. I knew she was feeling a little better when she plucked her pacifier from her mouth and said she wanted candy, haha! At any rate, she eventually went down for a nap, and woke up feeling a lot better. She seemed back to her old self by bedtime... Let's hope that both kids wake up feeling great tomorrow!

No comments: