Sunday, January 2, 2011

Firefighter Maya

I got Nikos this dress-up set for Christmas (complete with megaphone and extinguisher), and it has been the Toy du Jour around here! Nikos wore it for a while earlier, walking around and making fire extinguisher sounds. Then, since she HAS to do EVERYTHING Nikos does these days, Maya put it on. And since she is always the easier one to photograph, I was able to snap a few pics:


In other news... The kids spent New Year's Eve with my parents, and Maya learned a new trick! Well, it's not a trick, per se, but she learned something new. When looking at a picture of herself, she used to always say, "A baby!" But now, if you ask her who is in the picture, she will answer, "My-my!" This is a huge step, because it's the first time I have ever even heard her say her own name, let alone identify herself in a picture! It's AWESOME! Her language is really exploding these days. While there are still bits and pieces we don't understand, she is pretty much capable of communicating with us. And in sentences, no less! She is such a little chatterbox! I will have to post a video. Maybe later!

No comments: