Monday, November 23, 2009

Prepare for Cuteness!


That's right-- we went to see Santa today! My parents came down, primarily to help clean the living room carpet with their awesome machine (thanks Mom!!), and we thought it would be a great time to try and get the kids' pictures taken with Santa. And it was a great time-- since it's still early in the season, and a weekday, there was virtually no line to see the man himself.

I knew Nikos would not be a fan, but was hoping to at least get a picture of the two of them together, even if he was screaming his head off (like last year). Alas, that was not to be. Maya had no problem sitting with Santa, as evidenced by the adorable picture up above. She smiled and examined him and was just her usual, happy self. Nikos, however, FREAKED out! Worse than last year! He was holding on to me so tightly that I didn't even need to use my arms. He was literally clinging to me for dear life. Rather than torture him any more than I already had, we decided to take a break and try again after lunch.

We got lunch at a restaurant in the mall, and Nikos soon returned to being the delightful toddler we know and love. We thought we would walk around for a bit, then try to visit Santa again. However, the little guy discovered the mall play area, and we realized we were done. He had a GREAT time playing there, and we just knew that he would throw a fit if we tried to drag him away before he was ready. So, that was that. We got a great picture with Maya, at least! And years from now, if he wonders why he wasn't in the 2009 picture, well-- here's the explanation! He didn't like Santa this year, not one bit. It will be interesting to see how he feels about him next year!

In other news... I am starting to get into the Christmas spirit, even though Thanksgiving is still a few days away. Yes, I put up the Christmas tree! I couldn't help myself. I have this entire week off from school, and it was calling to me. Nikos was such a good helper, too, handing me ornaments and telling me where he thought they should go on the tree ("Up high, Mommy!" "Over there, Mommy!"). Maya seemed interested, too, sitting in her Bumbo chair and watching my every move. It was a ton of fun. For the first time, we will be spending Christmas entirely at home and having people come to US! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

In the meantime, though, Thanksgiving will be fun. We will be spending it at my parents' house with my brother, sister-in-law, aunt, uncle, and cousin. I just baked two pumpkin pies, and will be baking an apple pie tomorrow. The house smells so great. I love the holidays!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very useful post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you know that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.