Sunday, January 20, 2008

Adios, Croup

So it looks like the nasty, barking cough is a thing of the past... Nikos slept like a baby last night (haha!), and when he woke up, the bark had transformed itself into a normal, wet-sounding cough. Hallelujah! Of course, he's still sick, but he seems SO MUCH BETTER than he was yesterday. He's pretty fussy, and he's still napping a lot, but he sounds good, he is showing interest in his little play gym, and his nose has started to run. You wouldn't think a runny nose would be a good thing, but it means he can actually breathe somewhat-- which means he can breastfeed without suffocating! Hooray! I think he realizes it, too, and has been eating like he might never see another meal. Fine by me! :)

2 comments:

Alayna said...

Poor little guy! That sounds like it was really scary for awhile. I'm so glad he's feeling better now!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he's doing better. Poor Nikos! Give him a hug for me.