Saturday, August 29, 2009

Splash Park!

A while ago, I was looking at houses online and dreaming of moving to a particular area that is not far from where we currently live. While I was on an HOA website for that area, I saw a mention of a splash park. It seemed like something worth checking out, but then it slipped my mind. A few days later, my friend Angie mentioned the splash park in conversation. I made a mental note that I needed to take Nikos there. After all, I don't know of anything else like it in our area! However, I never got around to it.

Until today, that is! I finally did some internet searching, found out exactly where the park was located, and convinced Gus that we needed to go. And it was one of the coolest little neighborhood parks (= free and public!) that I have ever seen! What a hidden treasure! Not only does it have this fantastic splash park area that is very clean and well-maintained, but it has the tallest slides I have ever seen at a public playground. Not to mention the giant grassy hill that just screams "Roll down me!" It was AWESOME!!

It took Nikos a little while to warm up to the idea, but he and I ended up getting pretty wet and having a great time. Gus only took a few pictures, and Nikos doesn't look happy in them, but take my word for it-- he liked it! But after abut half an hour of playing, he slipped and bonked his head on the rubbery ground. He was pretty much done after that, but it was still worth it. We've been having quite a heat wave this week, with temperatures well over 100 each day. That water felt fantastic!




No comments: