Saturday, August 29, 2009

I like to whisper, too!

So our little friend has been having great fun recently controlling the volume of his voice. He will whisper things to me so quietly that they are barely audible, then yell the next minute. And he finds it HILARIOUS! It all started when I discovered I could get him from the garage into the house quickly by warning him that the garage was going to get dark ("Hurry, hurry, it's getting dark!"). I just hit the button to close the door, and he hightails it into the house instead of playing around with whatever he finds out there. But he always has to wait and watch the door close completely. Once it closes, I always whisper "it's daaark!" and he gives me a huge smile. He started saying it for me. And now he whispers all sorts of things, and takes great delight in the fact that I can hear him and still understand him when he does this.

Tonight at dinner, he whispered things like crazy: "panda bear... bicycles... TWO bicycles... I love you... more milk please!" He would alternate the whispering with shouting, just for kicks. And really, he was very pleased with himself.

I think it's pretty darn cute, if you ask me! :)

**Oh, and he's been "singing" a lot more, too... Our current favorites are "I Am a Pizza" and "We're Going to the Zoo," as well as the old stand-bys "Wheels on the Bus" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." He's really starting to learn that he can control his voice!

No comments: