Sunday, August 30, 2009

Jumperoo!

Well, it is hard to believe, but Maya is actually big enough for the Jumperoo! Gus dragged it in from the garage yesterday afternoon, but I wasn't sure if she would be tall enough for her feet to touch the ground (Nikos wasn't, hehe!). After thoroughly scrubbing and disinfecting the entire thing, as well as washing the fabric seat, we were ready to give it a whirl this morning. Not only is she exactly the right size for the lowest setting, but she quickly figured out how to make herself bounce. She was also playing with the toys. After about ten minutes of getting acclimated, Maya decided that she liked it. A lot. Many giggles and gurgles and happy shrieks ensued. I guess we have a new toy!

I captured some video (using my webcam... which explains the quality) from when we first put her in it. She started to have more fun later on, but of course the webcam was off by then!

Finally, a few photos... I seriously cannot believe she is big enough for this toy already. It makes me a little sad, in a way, to realize that my newborn really is an infant now!


Oh, and Nikos has decided he wants his toy back... We didn't think he'd actually try to climb into it once it was assembled. We were wrong.

No comments: