Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Playing with Photoshop

Well, Photoshop Elements, technically... I wish I could justify spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on the full version of the program, but I will have to settle for the "lighter" Elements version, instead (sigh).

Anyway, I LOVE taking and editing photos. In case you couldn't already tell. But I've been doing pretty basic stuff up until now. I've recently decided to start learning more about Photoshop, and I have been exploring the wonderful world of actions! Actions are basically macros... Other people record what they do to their pictures to achieve certain effects, and then you can download these actions to get similar results on your own photos-- without going through a million steps to get there. And then you can adjust the pictures to your liking. Some actions are free, while others cost money. I've been playing with an Orton action that I downloaded for free off of the CoffeeTeaPhotography blog (awesome site!). Anyway, here are the results... I kinda like them!
SO CLOSE to rolling over! Aaargh!

Here, sissy, let me show you how to do it

Puppy dog eyes (I muted the color on this one)

New shoes! Too big, but that's okay

No comments: