Saturday, February 6, 2010

Rainy Day

Today has been a cozy, stay-in-the-house sort of day. Nikos and I braved the rain this morning to go to the store, which was a (wet) adventure. I was more than happy to return to our warm, dry house after that! On the drive back, a fire truck AND an ambulance both passed us going the other direction, sirens blaring-- it was quite a hit with our little car/truck aficionado! And once we got home, my little buddy and I made cookies together. He helped stir the ingredients, roll out the dough, cut the shapes (stars, because I apparently don't have a heart-shaped cookie cutter), and then decorate them himself (purple and red for Valentine's Day). Oh, and he managed to eat a lot of (egg-free)dough. :) Anyway, he did a really good job, and thoroughly enjoyed the fruits of his labor.


And, just for fun: a picture I took of our peach tree, when it stopped raining for a bit...


(I'm adding this picture later, but I had fun taking pictures of my baby girl at lunchtime and just loved this one!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! We were moving, not quite as fun on a rainy day. Can't wait to get together again soon.