Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Nikos and Mommy Day

I don't think I mentioned it, but I am on vacation this week! And since Gus is out of town on a business trip, we devised a little plan to make things easier. We are still paying for one kiddo to go to daycare this week, but I am alternating kids. This way, I get to spend some quality one-on-one time with my babies. It's been so nice!

Anyway, yesterday was Maya's day, which we spent running errands and going to see the doctor. For Nikos' day, we went to the beach! He was SO excited to go, and has been talking about it for days! However, it's been a while since his last visit and, well, he decided that the waves were a little scary. He walked on the sand for a bit, allowed me to take exactly one (1) picture of him, and then started shrieking, "Water's gonna get me! Water's gonna get me!" Poor guy! He really did enjoy the rest of our time there, though my back didn't. I told him he was getting heavy, and he disagreed ("Nooo, I NOT heavy!" haha!). Anyway, here is the one picture I DID get, of a somewhat uncertain-looking little boy. And then another picture I got of the beach (Tourmaline Surf Park in La Jolla-- very pretty!).


There were tons of surfers out, too, and they were fun to watch. I guess they couldn't resist getting out in this weather! I wish I could have taken more pictures, but it proved to be too difficult while lugging around a thirty-pound toddler.

After our trip to the beach, we went to have "lunch in a restaurant!!" That's what Nikos always says whenever we go out to eat. :) We had a very elegant and nutritious (ha!) lunch at Jack-in-the-Box, and were joined by some woman conducting surveys on the food. Since we had ordered two items from her list, we got to complete two of the brief surveys-- earning two $10 gift cards! That was pretty cool, for five minutes of talking about the food. Anyway, Nikos loved it, as he always does. This kid loves dining out, anywhere! We had great conversations, and then he started dipping his fingers in the ketchup and licking them off. Gross! That's how I knew it was time to leave...

We still had some time before his nap, so I decided to surprise him and stop at our neighborhood park on the way home. He had a blast, and provided lots of entertainment to a sweet little 21-month-old girl who was also playing there. I think he was making up for his shyness at the beach. He ran like a madman between all the various playthings, shrieking with happiness. Such a silly boy. Love that kid!


After we were done, we drove home, rinsed off our feet together in the bathtub, changed his diaper, and then he declared that he needed a nap (right on schedule!). He's sleeping now, and I'll be getting Maya from daycare in an hour. All in all, it's been a pretty great day! :)

No comments: