Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fun Times!

We've had a busy few days away from home, so it's nice to finally sit down with a glass of wine to write about it!

Yesterday morning, Gus left on a business trip and the kids and I made the three-hour drive up to see my brother and his wife. They bought a home last summer, but had been neck-deep in home improvement projects ever since-- so we hadn't seen the place yet! It's still a work-in-progress, but they've made some huge strides recently... They removed the popcorn ceiling and resurfaced it, installed can lights, and recently had hardwood flooring installed throughout the main living spaces (not the bedrooms). It's going to be SO nice when they are done-- I can't wait to see it! In the meantime, we had a sort of adventuresome visit, with the kids each sleeping in their own doorless and floorless bedroom (they were confined to Pack N Plays, though, so the lack of a floor wasn't an issue). I slept on an air mattress in what will eventually become their dining room. But it was fun to visit with them, and Nikos was over the moon to spend time with his aunt and uncle (and his "cousin" Buddy the cat)!


This morning, once we were all ready, we set out for Pasadena to meet up with a bunch of girls from my online mommy's group. It was SO much fun! Really, these girls (and their kids) are all such nice people. I feel really lucky to have met them, even if they are my "internet friends" (I realize how weird that sounds). We met at one girl's house, rented a bounce house for the kids, ordered some pizza, and just generally had a great time hanging out together. We are talking about planning a get-together just for us mommies sometime soon... I think it sounds fantastic! Anyway, here are a few pictures from our day!





Finally... One of the other moms who came is a professional photographer (maternity, newborns, and children... my dream job!). In addition to letting me pick her brain about various business-related things, she also brought a stand and some seamless paper backgrounds for me (and a few other moms) to practice with. It was AWESOME! I got a few great pics of Maya, even though she was half-asleep. My favorite is the one of the little boy, Leo, running in to give her a smooch. That was completely unplanned!:)



It's been a fun few days, but I am wiped out-- mostly from all the driving and from having to be a single parent. I hope everyone sleeps well tonight!

No comments: