Saturday, January 16, 2010

Quick Update

I've been spending most of my free time lately working on my photography... Reading books, practicing various techniques, playing around with post-processing-- that sort of thing. So naturally, I have an abundance of pictures of the kiddos, and little time to write! I am thinking it's high time I sat down and typed and update, so here it is!

Nikos has started taking naps at daycare again! For the longest time, he pretty much fought Bonnie tooth and nail when it came time to nap. On a good day, he would sleep for half an hour (compared to three hours when he naps at home). In a parental "duh" moment last week, I realized: he always sleeps with Bear at home, so maybe we should send Bear to daycare! Yes, it was that simple. The kid has napped beautifully ever since. And yesterday, Bonnie said that, while the kids were all napping (the "older" kids, including Nikos, nap on blankets on the floor), Brady scooted over and put an arm around Nikos, who was already asleep. I guess Brady still ends up in his parents' bed a lot of nights, and he's used to snuggling! I told Bonnie she should have taken a picture, and she wished that she had. Maybe next time!

Since then, though, our little guy has developed a case of pinkeye. So maybe Brady shouldn't snuggle up to him, after all... :P

Maya continues to be a little speed demon, crawling all over the place. She notices right away when her brother leaves the room, and she makes a beeline for his toys! It is too funny! And, she has started attempting to pull up on things, which means we need to lower her crib mattress very, very soon (like tomorrow). She has also discovered the joy of mango (her new favorite food).

On the work front, it's the same old, same old. All the talk is about the budget situation, which looks just as bad (if not worse) than last year. I'm sure there are going to be pink slips passed out again, as well as another class size increase (and I'm already at 34 students). Right now, I'm just trying not to think about it. It's kind of another reason I am putting more energy into my photography. If I do end up without a job for next year, I'd like a backup plan. And starting my own photography business sounds awesome!

Anyway, that's about it! The kids are great, but I'm just exhausted. I am so glad we have a three day weekend! We are (most likely) driving up to Gus' parents' house tomorrow, and then Nikos and I are going to a get-together for a bunch of moms and toddlers I know from my online parenting group. I can't wait!

And of course, pictures from today... Nikos insisted on pulling Maya in the wagon, who squealed in delight! I ended up strapping them both in and going for a walk around the neighborhood while Gus attempted to install a ceiling fan in Nikos' bedroom.



Good night! :)

No comments: