Friday, January 1, 2010

Decade in Review

...and oh, what a decade it's been! Honestly, it will be hard for the next one to live up to this one, because of all the amazing and wonderful changes in my life over these last ten years. But I'm sure it will still be fantastic! Here's a walk down memory lane...

2000: I graduated from college; Gus still had two years to go. I got in a car accident. I started working at an advertising agency (hated every minute of it), quit, enrolled in a teaching credential program in the evenings, and started working another job. It was a tough year! Even so, I feel like we look so young here! We had been dating for two years at this point.


2001: I landed my first teaching job and moved into a much more inhabitable apartment-- one with a level floor and real furniture (no more cardboard boxes!). I even had cable (gasp!). It was actually a really cool apartment. Nice and big, with a cool little den area that was great for when I had visitors. Here I am with my first class-- a second- and third-grade combo:


2002: I continued teaching. Gus finally moved from the west side out to the valley, much closer to where I was. Now we could see each other all the time! I don't have many pictures from this year, but here is one of his two annoying parakeets. He ended up finding another, better home for them when we moved to San Diego the following year:


2003:
Big year! I traveled to Paris, France to see my aunt, uncle, and cousin who were living there at the time. The day after I returned, Gus proposed! We decided to get out of L.A., and found a great apartment in San Diego. I would spend the following school year working as a substitute teacher, trying to get a job in a pretty exclusive school district.



2004:
I got hired on as a full-time teacher! One of the best moments of my life, especially after subbing for a year. We started to look for a house, and continued to make wedding plans. Here we are at a Padres game that year:


2005: We bought a house in April, acquired a kitten (Charlie) in May, and tied the knot on June 25th. Our wedding day was awesome! We left the next morning for two weeks in Maui (also awesome!).



2006: I continued teaching... We went to Greece for two weeks over the summer. Can't wait to go back!


2007: On February 12th, we found out we were going to be parents! On October 25th, Nikos was born. Nothing would ever be the same!




2008: We watched our little boy grow, be baptized, and turn into a little one-year-old right before our eyes. And in August, we found out that we were expecting baby #2! In December, we learned that this baby would be a girl. We couldn't wait to meet her!



2009:
Maya was born on May 1st. Before that, I had received a pink slip, saying that I wouldn't have a teaching job for the following year. Luckily, it was rescinded shortly thereafter, and I was able to enjoy my maternity leave knowing that I would have my job back in the fall!



2010: Who knows? As of right now, we are looking to remodel our master bathroom, and possibly take a trip (sans kids) in the summer. We will need to potty-train Nikos, and our baby girl will be taking her first steps! It should be a great year-- and a great decade! :)

No comments: