Friday, October 30, 2009

Three Things

1. Nikos has finally figured out how to open regular round door knobs. For the longest time, he hasn't really had the dexterity to turn them, and we were just fine with that (since all our knobs are round!). But times have changed... The other night, he surprised Gus by opening the bathroom door and escaping before his bath. And then today, he showed me that he could easily open his bedroom door when I put him in there for a time out. Doh! Our days of feeling secure are over... Time to invest in some doorknob covers (and find the ones we already have... somewhere!).

2. Today, I did something I feel like you only see on TV. I bought a replacement for Orange Fishy who, quite sadly, passed away overnight. Yes, I was that mom at Petco, looking in the goldfish tank for one who most closely resembled our dearly departed Orange Fishy so that Nikos would never be the wiser (until he reads this, many years from now!). I hereby vow not to do this when he's older, but for now, it seems to be the right thing to do. He has no concept of death, and would have thrown a fit if he had noticed one of his fish missing. For the record, Orange Fishy #2 seems to be doing quite well, and Black Fishy continues to thrive. RIP, original Orange Fishy. And welcome to your new home, #2!


3. I got Nikos to wear his Halloween costume for about 5 minutes today! I have no clue if he will wear it tomorrow, but this was an improvement. My, that child can be stubborn! If he doesn't want to do something, he WILL NOT DO IT. Period. This is a quality that might serve him well later in life, but is very frustrating when Mommy and Daddy are just trying to help him. At any rate, here is a picture! It may very well be the only one we get, so enjoy it! We will certainly get pictures of Maya in her costume tomorrow, since she doesn't have a lot of control over that. So we'll save those pictures for tomorrow. :)

No comments: