Monday, October 19, 2009

2 Years Ago...

Well, with Nikos' birthday a mere 6 days away, I have to confess that I am getting a little sentimental. But I just can't believe that this was me two years ago:

...and that this is me today:

Two years ago, I was three days past my due date, and was completely miserable. It looked like I would most likely end up being induced, and I kind of hoped that Nikos would end up being born on the anniversary of our first date-- both which ended up happening! I was bored to tears, home alone on my maternity leave, waiting for something to happen. I had no idea that only a few days later, we would be forced to evacuate from our home and that I would feel relieved to still be pregnant (it was much easier to evacuate with a big belly than with a newborn!). Luckily, our neighborhood was spared, and we were able to return home the next day. The day after that, I was admitted to the hospital for my induction. And the day after THAT, my beautiful boy made his arrival via c-section and my life changed forever.

Seriously, how can he be almost two already?!? And Maya, my BABY-baby, is already nearly six months old. This is just mind-boggling.

No comments: