Saturday, October 10, 2009

Awesome Day!

Forgive me. I am about to post a million pictures!

I have to say, today has been really great. For a variety of reasons. This morning, we piled into the car and drove the whopping 5 minutes to our local fire station, which was hosting its annual Open House. Nikos was not a big fan of actually going inside the vehicles (just look at his face!), but I think that's mainly because those particular trucks were parked inside the very crowded and noisy garage. Our boy is not a big fan of crowds-- he even said so when we got home: "I like quiet!" He did, however, enjoy examining the trucks that were parked outside. He spent quite a bit of time going between the red truck and the yellow truck, as if he was doing some sort of compare-and-contrast activity in his head. And while he staunchly refused to wear his free Fire Chief hat while we were at the station, it was hard to get it OFF of him once we got home!






When we got home, he and Maya wrestled in the living room. Ok, not really, but she was very excited to be able to grab her brother's face, and he was a willing victim!


After lunch, Nikos and Gus took off to spend the weekend visiting Yiayia and Pappou (Gus is coming back tomorrow morning, and Nikos will be coming back on Monday afternoon). So Maya and I had some girl time! After nursing her, we went to the mall. She was quite the pleasant little shopping companion. She didn't complain at all for the 2.5 hours we were at the mall-- she just looked all around, gurgled, blew raspberries, and was just generally her happy self. I ended up buying clothing for all of us to wear for our family portraits in a few weeks, plus a bunch of other things. Between the sales, gift cards, and coupons I had, I ended up paying $50 for over $130 in merchandise! WOOHOO! I was really pleased, and it was so nice to get out and about. It is so much easier to take Maya shopping than Nikos, because he insists on walking everywhere and would have had zero patience for me to try on clothes!

Anyhow, it has been a great day. Now if only Maya would sleep all the way through the night, that would be the icing on the cake!

No comments: