Sunday, October 25, 2009

His "Real" Birthday Party

We have had such a great day with our little guy today. He slept in late (thank goodness, after yesterday's crankiness!) and woke up in a really happy mood. He was so happy to see his new play kitchen out in the living room, and almost instantly began "cooking dinner" (his words). He spent most of the morning running between his various new toys-- mostly the kitchen and the train table and his new fishies from his auntie (who he has named "black fishy" and "orange fishy/Nemo's Daddy" and we're sticking with that). After Maya had taken a nap and nursed for a bit, we headed out to our favorite local breakfast place to have brunch, just the four of us. Nikos had lots of fun snuggling with me in the booth, building towers out of coffee creamer, and inhaling large quantities of food. After we finished there, we walked a few doors down to Petco, where he looked at the fishies and the turtles.





We hung out at home the rest of the day, capping it all off with a spaghetti dinner (his request). Our light eater had three helpings! We listened to a CD of kids' music, he looked at his fishies some more, and then he made a bunch of phone calls to say thank you for his gifts.

Overall, it was a good day... He seemed to be a lot happier, which was a nice change. The only downside was that I left my fancy camera on a low table, and Nikos, being a curious toddler, pulled it off... totally smashing my 50mm portrait lens on the tile floor (yes, I cried). But I will be getting a new one soon! And at least the body of the camera is still working fine (whew!). I'll just have to use my other lens in the meantime, even if I don't like it as much...

No comments: