Monday, July 13, 2009

Poor Baby :(

So Maya hasn't been eating too much today, being sick and all. But this evening, she finally seemed "into" it-- yay! Or so I thought. She ate. And ate. And ate. And ate. And when I set her down in my lap for a minute, she decided to spit up... and spit up... and spit up... Technically, I guess she was throwing up (since it was a lot). It was projectile, and it kept on coming until I was literally sitting in a pool of milk. Gus ran to get a towel to hold her in while I extricated myself from the recliner, stripped out of my saturated clothes, and ran to the shower to rinse my legs. And then it was straight into the bath for her. It was in her hair, her ears, her nose-- EVERYWHERE! My poor, poor baby. I think she was hungry, but her tummy was upset (probably from the fever). Either that or she was just sucking for comfort, but didn't really want to eat. The good news is that she feels a lot cooler now, and is sleeping peacefully in her swing.

But wow... that was quite an "Exorcist" moment. At least it wasn't pea-soup green. I am really hoping she is feeling better tomorrow morning, or off to the pediatrician we will go. :(

No comments: