Thursday, July 16, 2009

Antibiotics = Not Fun

Well, it turns out that antibiotics aren't Maya's friend. Our poor baby girl seems to have a pretty sensitive stomach, which means she ends up throwing up almost immediately after I give her the medicine (resulting in lots of dirty laundry, sigh...). Which sort of defeats the purpose, since I doubt she is actually keeping any of it down. Luckily, the pediatrician will be calling this morning to let me know the results of the blood culture, and we may be able to discontinue the antibiotics entirely. And if not, then I'm going to ask her to prescribe a different medication. Because this just sucks!!

The good news is that her fever is gone, she's still wetting plenty of diapers, and she had a big poop this morning (TMI, I know). She's cranky, but I have a feeling that may be related to the antibiotics and an upset tummy. Fingers crossed that the blood culture comes back clear and we can get over this bug ASAP!


**UPDATE: The tests came back normal, so no more antibiotics! HOORAY!!!

No comments: