Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Big 3-0


Well, there's no point in mincing words: Today, I am 30 years old! I remember thinking that 30 was so old when I was little, but it's funny-- I feel like I was in college only yesterday! And I graduated eight years ago! It's amazing how time speeds up as you get older... and the years start to run together in my memory... it's crazy!

I was talking with a student's mother the other day about being 30. I realized that, in my mind, I had always kept a sort of checklist of things I had hoped to achieve by the time I was 30. And you know what? I've done it all! Call me somewhat old-fashioned, but I always imagined that I'd be married, have a stable career, own a home, and have one child by the time I was 30. And, lo and behold, I have all those things! So instead of moping about being another year older, I really feel like this is a great milestone in my life, and I'm really pleased at how things have gone. Just this afternoon, as I was washing bottles, I looked over at Nikos as he played happily in his jumperoo. It was such a happy moment, and I felt so... fulfilled? I'm not even sure of the word. But long story short, 30 is good. Life is good. And I honestly think that things are only going to get better from here! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAR!!!!!!!!