Monday, September 10, 2007

Appointment

Everything continues to be a-okay after my Ob/Gyn appointment this afternoon! My blood pressure is 120/70 (the same as it's been all along), my weight gain is good (normal range), I'm measuring 34.5 weeks, his heartbeart is 152 beats per minute, and he is still head-down in my belly. At this point, there is a 97% chance that he will stay in the head-down position, so that's excellent news! Everything is just so... normal! Hooray! I did mention to my doctor that the other doctor (in Internal Medicine) wouldn't give me a TB skin test last week, and he got really annoyed. He said there was absolutely no reason why they shouldn't have given it to me, and that pregnant women get them all the time. And he was ticked that they hadn't called him for his opinion. He said he was going to email the department about it and let them know that TB skin tests are just fine for us preggos. That was kind of reassuring, since it went along with everything I had read... I was annoyed that the doctor wouldn't give me my TB test. I wasted so much time for that pointless appointment!

Anyway... in EXCITING news... I have now officially scheduled all of my appointments up until October 17th-- the day after my due date!! I am hoping I won't need any more appointments beyond that, but it's a possibility. Still, they're all scheduled! My next one is two weeks from today (at 36 weeks, 6 days), and then I have three weekly appointments in October. I was so happy with the time slots I got-- all of them are after school hours, so I will not have to use of ANY of my sick days! And I'm going to need all my sick days for my maternity leave, so that is a very good thing thing! Speaking of my maternity leave... We hired my substitute last week! Now I can breathe a huge sigh or relief, knowing the kids will be in competent hands while I'm gone. And she is actually going to be my sub tomorrow afternoon, since I have to attend a meeting... I hope things go well! :)

Random Thought: I haven't seen our little guy on ultrasound since over 16 weeks ago... I wonder what he looks like?? I can't wait to see him in real life!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYk0AmhfEsQ

i hope your son grows up to be just as noble as alfonso reibero.

enjoy the video!

Anonymous said...

MARY! MARY! OMG!!!!! Last year, I was telling my kids about that commercial, and I was singing part of the song to them, but I couldn't find it ANYWHERE!!! I am so excited! (I told the truuuuuuth!!!) hehehehee!!!!!!