Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lunch Lady Flowers


Since I am so lucky to have a great student teacher right now, and since I wanted to give her some solo time with the kids, I wandered over to the office today to chat with my friends there. As I stood there, these two bud-vases were dropped off. And this one, with three beautiful red roses, was for me! At first I thought they might be from Gus, but I couldn't think of any reason why. Not that you NEED a reason to send flowers, per se, but that would be highly unusual. At any rate, I opened enclosed card to discover that they were from the lunch ladies at my school! Are they not the sweetest???

Anyway, I didn't mention this on here before, because I feel kind of embarrassed by it, but I'm the Teacher of the Year at my school! My fellow teachers voted on it a few weeks ago, and I found out the last day before our February break. It's a great honor, and I am glad to have it, but it still feels SO awkward and I can't help but joke about it when I know that I teach with so many incredible people. And, truthfully, out of all the years I have taught, this has been the hardest for so many reasons (class size, individual student issues, and my own personal motivation, to name a few!). So I haven't made a big deal out of it or anything, and my students don't know. Which is why it REALLY confused them when I returned to the room with these flowers, and told them they were from the lunch ladies. I can only imagine what kinds of fun explanations they will conjure up, haha!

Still, I love my lunch lady flowers. :) (and, for the record, the other bud vase was for the non-teacher employee of the year... gotta love those sweet lunch ladies!)

No comments: