Thursday, March 17, 2011

Maturity

When Nikos turned three, and inspired by my friend Alayna (I stole the idea from her blog, hehe! Thanks, Alayna!), I wanted to get him started on reading lessons through Headsprout.com. I purchased the program, and we started on the first few lessons. However, his focus would last for 10-15 minutes, and then he was done. Plus, I had to operate the touchpad on my laptop, clicking where he told me to. Anyhow, we decided to take a break and come back to it another day.

It turns out that "another day" was yesterday! Nikos came home from daycare and announced, out of the blue, that he wanted to do a reading lesson! Months after we had stopped!

I didn't think the touchpad on the laptop would work well for him, so I managed to dig up an old mouse in the garage. He did the introductory lesson that focuses on mouse skills, and then a few of the reading lessons. And he was SO into it! I sat with him for a lot of it, but he did everything himself. By the end, he was easily reading the words "see," "vee," "san," and "van." Amazing what a few months can do! Check out my little guy, enjoying his reading lessons this afternoon. He can't wait to do some more tomorrow! WOW!

1 comment:

Alayna said...

Yay! So glad he's having fun with headsprout!