Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


What? Nikos doesn't look happy? That's our boy! Getting him dressed in the morning is a constant battle. He was fine with wearing his new green Boston shirt until it was time to actually pull it over his head... and then the whining and resisting began. But I really, really wanted him to wear it, since Maya had a coordinating shirt and it's St. Patrick's Day, of all days! So Gus and I won this one. And he resented it. Can you tell? This was right before they left for daycare.

Then, after school, we spent the afternoon doing reading lessons and then baking a rainbow cake. The cake was a spur-of-the-moment thing, but it turned out really well. Nikos liked talking about leprechauns and the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. He also liked eating the cake. A lot. He was much happier than the Nikos in that photo up above!

I decided to continue with my food-coloring fun and make green eggs and ham for dinner. I had originally thought I'd make something traditionally Irish. Like corned beef and cabbage. But Gus vetoed that, saying he didn't like it, and Nikos most likely wouldn't, either. But everyone in our house likes ham and eggs, and Dr. Seuss, and the green part seemed fitting. Nikos got upset about it at the last minute, though, and requested "yellow eggs and pink ham." I let him have it.

Meanwhile, while I was cooking, Miss Maya crashed in the living room. I mean, she was out cold! I could see her breathing and all, but she was very deeply asleep. I guess somebody partied a little too hard this year? haha!

Anyway, it was a good day. Made better by the fact that Gus was back from another business trip (this one was to Utah). Hooray for family togetherness!

No comments: