Sunday, March 27, 2011

More of my girl...

Well, I tried to snag a few pics of both kids today, but Nikos was Not Interested (understatement!). It seems fitting, anyway, to talk about my girl. I am feeling so sappy, with her birthday just over a month away now. How did we get here? How can that sweet little newborn now be this amazing (and still very sweet) toddler? It kills me! I know I went through this with Nikos, but it seems to be hitting me harder this time... probably because I know that everything with Maya is a "last" for us, since we do not plan to have any more kids. A decision that I am 100% fine with! But it doesn't make it any less bittersweet. I love little Maya. I hope she stays this sweet forever!


On a less-sweet note, though... We went out to dinner tonight, and Maya was SO hyper! I think it was because she got to sit in the booth with us for the first time (as opposed to a highchair). She wanted to jump, sing, dance, you name it-- anything but eat! After I finished, I ended up taking her outside to burn off some energy. She was in a great mood, but simultaneously SO naughty! She is so totally a two-year-old. Little stinker! Good thing she's so cute and snuggly!

No comments: