Monday, February 28, 2011

Breaking News!

Okay, it's not SO earth-shattering. But we *might* be getting an offer on our house (knock on wood!). And that's a start, right? A woman came to view our house last Thursday, and spent forever looking at it and taking pictures. I know this because I was by myself (waiting for Gus' mom to bring the kids back), came back too soon, and ended up parking in front of my neighbor's house and reading on my Kindle. I watched her take lots of pictures in the front yard, including what appeared to be a close-up of our plum tree, which was completely gorgeous and in full-bloom at the time (now it's starting to get leafy). At any rate, her realtor called again this morning, saying that her client wanted her MOTHER to see it. So we knew that was probably a good thing. I mean, getting mom's approval is a big step! And OUR realtor called us tonight, telling us that it looks like the woman is planning to make an offer. So... fingers crossed that she does, and that negotiations go well! We are in a tricky place, price-wise, so we definitely need all the good vibes we can get!

In the meantime, though, we had a lovely Sunday. Despite yesterday's pouring rain, today was clear and sunny! It wasn't exactly warm, but it was certainly nice enough to head to the park, which we did after naptime. It was amazing to watch both kids go nuts on the play equipment. I can remember a time where I was SO cautious about Nikos playing up there, thinking he was always going to fall and get hurt, but not anymore! He is completely confident climbing the steps or ladders, choosing a slide, and zooming down it. And Maya, too!!! Where Nikos was cautious, Maya is crazy. She went bananas, repeatedly scaling the structure and going down the slides. She is truly fearless. And I actually think she draws her big brother out of his shell, too. It was so sweet, watching them race down the parallel slides together. Nikos would announce, "I won!", while Maya would say, "I won, too!" :) And Nikos was always full of encouraging words for his little sister. We are so lucky. They really do get along amazingly well, 90% of the time!

Oh, and at the park, Nikos found a large stick. I told him to put it down, but he insisted that it needed to be reattached to a tree! So he went to several trees, making his best effort to "fix" them. In the end, he was unsuccessful, and the stick became a magic wand! Gus held it, though, so noone could get hurt.

Anyway, it was a great day, and we are optimistic about potentially getting an offer. Here's to a fabulous week!

No comments: