Saturday, March 12, 2011

Productivity

Hooray! I felt a bit better today, just in time to get things done around here!

Gus spent most of the day doing heavy-duty yardwork... pulling weeds, trimming things and such. He even tackled our side yard, which is where things just sort of end up. Old doors, molding, broken toys-- that sort of thing. He cleaned it out nicely and loaded a lot of junk into his truck. Go, Gus!!

Meanwhile, I threw open all the windows (since it was another beautiful day) and tackled the indoors. I went through ALL of the kids' toys and clothes, pulling out piles and piles of things to sell. Both kids' rooms are now so much cleaner and more organized, and the prospect of packing them up and moving across the country isn't quite as daunting. I still need to go through a lot of my own stuff. But progress is progress, right?

We also made a spontaneous decision to be done with the highchair, as of lunch today. Up until a few days ago, our baby girl never had a problem eating there. So, we let her! But since she finally started fighting us on it, we figured it was time to take the plunge and get her a booster seat. And tonight, for the first time, she joined us at the table! What a big girl! Excuse her less-than-stellar dinner of chicken nuggets and ketchup. I let her choose what she wanted for this very important occasion (Gus and I had Chipotle, which neither kid will eat). She did also inhale a large cup of fresh blueberries, but of course that wasn't in the picture. Doh!

After dinner, the four of us shared one of these cupcakes:

I swear, I was feeling domestic today! Really, I wanted to try out a recipe that I might use for Maya's birthday cupcakes. This batch was made from this recipe. They were tasty, but not as gooey and super-chocolatey as I had hoped. I still need to try another recipe that was recommended to me. Fingers crossed that it is exactly what I am looking for! Still, a cupcake is a cupcake. These won't last long, I assure you!

In other, random news... Nikos told me that the cupcakes were "delish" (his words, which cracked me up). And Maya has started telling nonsensical knock-knock jokes now, which is downright hilarious. Such funny kids! Maya also loves to sing JUST the ending part of the alphabet song, and can count to ten, sort of. The numbers are there, they just aren't always in the same order! She is getting really good with her colors, too. She knows red, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, and white. Orange always throws her off, for some reason. And the way she says "blue" is so entertaining! Instead of saying "bwoo," like you'd expect kids to do, she says "buh-LOO" with an emphasis on the "l" sound. Her face is priceless, as her little tongue hangs out in an attempt to enunciate as clearly as possible. haha!

Anyway, it was a great day. Here's hoping that tomorrow is a little more relaxing, though!

No comments: