Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sweet Faces

Not much to report from the past week, since it was "business as usual." Gus and I worked, the kids went to daycare, and we mostly spent our afternoons snuggling and playing in the living room. Oh! Gus and I DID finally get the well water report back for the red house (which was part of our home inspection), and everything looks good! We are just waiting for the listing broker's attorney to get the contract to our attorney in Massachusetts (ha! That sounds funny-- "our attorney.") for review. Then we will sign it, and everything will finally move forward! We also learned this week that short sales are typically taking between three and four months there, not four to six as we previously thought. This is GREAT news! So we are excited at possibly having the keys to this place by the end of the school year. Fingers crossed for a quick and painless bank approval!

In the meantime, I have been working on planning Maya's second birthday party. Isn't it SHOCKING that she is going to be two in two months?!? Seriously! But I want to do it right, especially since this will very likely be the last big gathering that we host in California. So, symbolically, her birthday theme is going to be "Surfing/ SoCal." hehe! I've already designed the invitations, and they are CUTE!!! But to complete them, I wanted to get some pics of our girl in her swimsuit (which happens to be exactly the same colors as the invitation-- purely a coincidence!). I won't share the best one, which I used for the invitation. Instead, how about an outtake? This was from near the end, where she was done and decided to give me "stink-eye." She also insisted on holding Mickey and Minnie (who aren't in the "real" invitation picture). I love this face, even if she was mad, haha!

Then, for whatever reason, Nikos decided he wanted to have his picture taken, too. Please note: this NEVER happens! So of course I took full advantage! He needs a haircut, but I still think he's pretty darn cute!

Then, after getting dressed, Maya decided she would rather be behind the camera than in front of it. She ran around with this toy camera for a good half hour, yelling "CHEESE!!"

And then one more picture, taken this morning. They have never worn these capes before, though they have had them since Teagan's birthday party last month. Maya decided she wanted me to put hers on, and Nikos couldn't be left out. They were hilarious, running around with their capes on. Nikos, in particular, has some funny superhero moves and a great (deep) superhero voice. I love these little crazies!

No comments: