Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine's Day

Yes, I know that Valentine's Day isn't until Monday... but with the kids heading to Gus' parents' house and us headed to Massachusetts, I decided that tomorrow was really the only opportunity for them to bring treats to their daycare friends. Which then meant that I had a busy afternoon!

I had made the little wallet-sized cards a while back, and knew that I wanted to attach them to some kind of tasty goodie, but I wasn't sure what. My coworker, Angie, had talked about Whoopie Pies a while back, which I had never heard of. They sounded SUPER delicious, though! Anyway, I was getting a few things from Michael's recently, and saw that they had a heart-shaped whoopie pie pan! Who'd a thunk it? So, that's what I made. Chocolate cakes with marshmallow buttercream inside (tinted pink to make it more festive). Oh, yes. These are delightful. Think there will be any leftovers??

Anyway, I am really happy with how they turned out. Go, me! :)

No comments: