Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Introducing Cooper!!

Our family gained another member today! Grant and Melissa welcomed their third baby, little Cooper Kristophen, early this morning. His middle name is a combination of my mom's (Kristen) and Melissa's dad's (Stephen). Anyway, I am very excited to meet my newest nephew in just two weeks, and the kids are beside themselves to meet their new cousin (and play with the bigger ones, too). I have hardly any pictures, since I had to coerce my brother into sending me them, but I imagine that will change over the next few days.
Really, though, it was a perfect day for the exciting news. I woke up just before 7, as usual, and got an email on my phone saying that the schools were on a two hour delay because of treacherous road conditions. Just then, my mom called to say that Melissa had gone to the hospital late last night and that the baby was on his way. And it had already been a while, so I knew he'd arrive soon. And since Maya officially had NO school and Niko didn't have to get on the bus until almost 11, we were able to wait around together. It was such a nice morning, too! No rushing around like we usually do. Of course, the roads and driveways were covered in ice, and it continued to be gross all day, but we got to hear the news that little Cooper had arrived (and learn his name, which came later). Niko was so excited to go to school and tell his friends all about his new boy cousin! And later in the day, Maya made the mistake of referring to him as "New Baby" (which is what we'd been calling him). Niko was adamant about it-- "No, Maya, his name is COOPER. You need to use his name now!" haha!

Anyway, everyone is well and we are very excited to meet our new little nephew/cousin in just a few weeks. Hooray!!!

And, because I think it's fun to compare... here are the posts from when his siblings Riley and Colton were born!

No comments: