Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Today

Both kids slept until about 6am! A personal best on this vacation, haha! After everyone was up and fed and dressed, we walked down the road to the neighborhood park. We hung out there for a while and watched the kids play, and I was surprised to discover that it was only 8:30am. So much earlier than I thought! I guess my body is still adjusting to the time change. Oh well, at least we're productive!
Once we got back, the kids decorated the Christmas tree. Yes, it's still early, but my parents wanted to let them do it while they're here. And I am pretty sure they will be doing the same thing at Gus' parents' house when we go back in a few days. I think it turned out pretty nicely!
Later on, the kids made sugar cookies with my mom, and played out in the yard quite a bit. And then, for dinner, the kids and I went to an old friend's house. She and her boys were there, along with another friend and her three kids. Both my friends were pregnant when we moved away, and this was my first chance to meet their baby boys (pictured below). They were both SO adorable! I got lots of baby snuggles!!!
And that was our day! The kids went to bed later than usual. Maya was asleep before I could even read her a bedtime story, and Nikos threw sort of a tantrum about not wanting to sleep... before he ultimately gave in and went peacefully. Here's hoping they sleep in again tomorrow!

No comments: