Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Saturday and Sunday

So... I am on a blogging spree tonight... In my last post, I mentioned that my parents' house was very full, and that my brother and his wife were sleeping on the living room couch. This presented an interesting situation when all the kids (first ours, then Colton) woke up fairly early on Saturday morning. I could hear them through our bedroom wall, and I felt sorry for my parents. Usually, the kids go to the living room with my dad (who is also an early riser). But my parents had all three kids corralled in their bedroom with them (and without any toys!). So... I got up, went down to investigate, and found this. hahaha!!!
Eventually, they took over the living room. And I snapped the bottom picture, which reminded me of a very similar picture I took two years ago. Same spot on the couch... but they look so much older!
Anyway... it was a fun day! Our little family unit (me, Gus, and the kids) went to have brunch with Nikos' godparents, which was great. The kids were their hilarious, chatty selves, and it didn't hurt that they were spoiled with gifts (small ones, thankfully!). After brunch, we zipped back to my parents' house just minutes after my aunt and uncle arrived to visit. They had been invited for Thanksgiving, but already had plans. Instead, they came on Saturday to see us all. It was a fun visit, as always!
And SOMEONE was feeling especially silly in the evening. I love this little guy!!
-------------------------------
Sunday morning was a quiet one. The kids played with their cousin, until he left, and then it was time for us to pack our bags and move on. The highlight was playing out in the back yard, especially when my mom started shaking the nectarine tree and making the leaves fall off. All three of them loved dancing around in it!
And, after dealing with one especially cranky Nikos, we were able to get a decent picture of all three kiddos together. It will do, right?
From that point, we drove back to Gus' parents' house for the remainder of our trip. Stay tuned!

No comments: