Sunday, October 30, 2011

Spoke Too Soon

Because, of course, I woke up sick this morning. Of course! I should have known. I have been running myself into the ground lately, and am majorly stressing out about everything we have going on. And with both kids being sick, it was fairly inevitable that I would get taken down, at some point. So, here I am, completely weak and miserable. Good thing I got so much packing done yesterday!

I did manage to dig deep and find enough energy to carve our pumpkin, at least. The kids were fascinated by the whole process this year, though they didn't have any desire to touch the pumpkin guts. Nikos picked out the design from a bunch we looked at online, though I admit I didn't put as much time into the carving as I normally would. I just didn't have the energy. It didn't seem to matter, though, because they both love our pumpkin!

We also washed and filled the candy bowl, so we are officially all set for tomorrow night's trick-or-treating. I can't wait!

I should also add that our soon-to-be new house is currently under about 2 feet of snow, thanks to a freak October snowstorm that absolutely pounded the area. Fabulous! This is pretty unusual so early in the year, but it makes me glad that we will be trick-or-treating in California. It also inspired me to go online and buy snow pants, gloves, and thermal underwear. It's going to be a long, cold winter!

No comments: