Thursday, October 20, 2011

HUGE News!!


I have been sitting on this little tidbit for over a week now, which has KILLED me! But... THE BANK APPROVED THE SHORT SALE! Hallelujah! Our realtor sent us an email first thing last Tuesday morning (Oct. 12). And the bank wanted to close by the end of this month, which we thought was crazy(we'll file for an extension, if not). But, in talking to the loan guy, it sounds like a very real possibility! I've waited to post about this until we could hear back from the underwriters at the mortgage company, just to get a firmer idea on the loan status. And, at this point, it looks like the loan is going to get approved! Hallelujah! However, as they say, "it's not over until the fat lady sings." So please cross your fingers, toes, etc. that this goes through and we have a smooth, timely closing. It would be a nice change of pace after the drama we've been through in the past year!

The funny thing is that a bird pooped on my head last Monday (the 11th). That, in itself, was not so funny... particularly since I was out at P.E. with my students, and couldn't leave to get cleaned up or anything. However... as the story spread (since the kids couldn't stop talking about it), I had several different parents come up and tell me it was good luck to have a bird poop on your head. Really? I had never heard that before! But I Googled it when I had the chance and, sure enough, it is a legitimate superstition/old wives' tale. And not that I necessarily buy into it, but hey... the next day WAS pretty lucky! So maybe everyone needs a little poop on their head? :)

Anyhow... things are crazy right now. Nikos' birthday party is on Saturday, and we have a house full of boxes! We're not sure when our closing date will be, or when we will be able to move... It's just pure chaos around here right now. However... I AM dreaming of a white Christmas this year! Just LOOK at that house! It is seriously a dream come true. I really, REALLY hope this works out!

And, just for kicks... My almost-four-year-old packing assistant. Think I can ship him to Massachusetts like this? :)

1 comment:

Alayna said...

Wow, CONGRATS!!! What great news and what a great house!! We're so happy for you guys. Here's hoping all goes smoothly from here on out :)