Wednesday, October 26, 2011

More Celebrating...

I called a sub and left school early today so I could celebrate with my birthday boy. The original plan had been for the four of us to go out to dinner, since his actual birthday was in the middle of the week, but Gus ended up having to travel this week for work (which is MOST inconvenient, I might add!). So I figured it would be a special treat to pick the kids up early from daycare and take them to Nikos' favorite restaurant for lunch. The restaurant happens to be located at his favorite park, too, so it was a double-whammy of awesomeness. Both kids were well-behaved all through the meal, and just fun to be with. I'm so glad I decided to get a sub and make this happen!

Anyway... Once we finally got home, Maya went down for a much-needed nap, and Nikos announced that he was going to go ride his bike in the back yard. So, he did! I helped him get his helmet on, but he rode in circles out there for a long time while I focused on packing some things in the dining room. Eventually, he wanted a playmate, and I ended up going outside to watch him race his cars down the slide for a bit. And then I tried a million times to take a picture of him holding up four fingers. I got exactly one. And here it is!

Eventually, he got tired and came inside, and laid on the couch while watching a dinosaur movie on tv (of course... we are just a little obsessed these days). I packed some more. All I ever do is pack, it seems! Anyway, I made him spaghetti and meatballs for dinner (his favorite), and he blew out the candles on a leftover slice of cake.

After bath, we Skyped with Gus for a bit, and that was that! All in all, our big boy had a pretty good day!

No comments: