Monday, September 12, 2011

Colton's Party

My adorable nephew won't turn one for a few more days still, but his birthday bash was yesterday! The four of us made the three-hour drive up to my brother's house, and the kids had a TON of fun. There was another little boy who was a few months younger than Maya, and both kids enjoyed running around with him. Not to mention seeing their cousin, their aunt and uncle, their great-aunt and great-uncle, and (of course) grandma and grandpa. I took a ton of pictures, and just finished editing my sixty favorite shots, haha! But I'm thinking sixty photos is a bit much for a blog post, even for me! Still, here are a few from our fun day...

The kids kept the birthday boy entertained while he waited for his cupcake

And then they sat nice and close to watch him open presents (so they could play with them as soon as he went down for his nap... haha!)

Colton liked the ride-on toy we got for him... I hope he gets years of use out of it (since Nikos and Maya both still play with that very same toy)

And, my one-and-only, super adorable nephew!

Despite being a very LONG day with a lot of driving, I have to say that it was a really fun one. Both kids were pretty much independent all day, and I had time to sit and talk with my family, including my aunt and uncle who I hadn't seen in a while. We ended up leaving just before dinner time, grabbed some fast food to eat in the car, and the kids fell asleep minutes after they were done eating. A successful trip!

No comments: