Friday, September 16, 2011

2.5

I have talked to so many people who have said "it's the half years that are the worst," but I will admit-- I didn't really buy it! Why should being 2.5 be any different from 2 or from 3, in terms of behavior? But I would officially like to retract that opinion right now!

I have to say... Our kids get along amazingly well. They really do love each other, and they are close enough in age that they can play together (which they enjoy doing, thankfully). But oh. my. goodness. Maya, my sweet little girl, has apparently been kidnapped by aliens and replaced by a little gremlin. Ack! She is still as adorable and endearing as ever, but she is finally asserting her position as the two-year-old of the family. She doesn't throw tantrums or anything... Oh no! Instead, she knows how to push Nikos' buttons better than any other human on the face of the earth. And push them she does. Nikos will be peacefully playing with his toy cars, when Maya will come along and join him. No problem. Until she starts chucking them across the room, or grabbing a few and running off with them. Which she finds hilarious, while her big brother flips out. Ay, ay, ay!

I'm posting this because today was particularly brutal. From the time I got home from school until bedtime (sweet bedtime!), Maya was very intentionally driving her brother crazy. And spending a lot of time in time-out. Really, she's still a great kid, and I know it's just a phase... but my goodness. Mommy needed a glass of wine tonight! Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day...

No comments: