Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sooooooo tiiiiiiiired

I just looked at the clock, thinking it had to be close to 10pm (my usual get-in-bed-and-read-for-a-bit time), but it's only 8:30! So I guess that basically sums up this entire post. I'm tired! There you have it.

Yesterday was the first day of school. It went great, but I literally have ZERO energy left. I think I have a really good class, and the questions about why I was still here were really minimal. My standard answer (which is the truth!) is that we had planned to move this summer, but that the house we had been trying to buy since February ended up not working out. And that we have an offer on another house, which is also a short sale, and we have no idea if/when that will work out. Everyone has seemed content with this answer, and the feedback I've already gotten from the parents has been overwhelmingly positive (their kids are so happy I'm back and they get to have me as their teacher, etc.). No mention whatsoever of the teacher who was all set to replace me, though he was certainly well-loved by this group. Long story short, I was INCREDIBLY nervous (sick to my stomach, even) yesterday morning, and it was all for nothing. So... I can do this!

In the meantime, my own little darlings have had a BLAST this week! Despite Nikos initially wanting to stay home with me, he has quickly realized how much he loves spending time with his buddies at daycare! I practically have to drag both kids home now, because they are having so much fun over there. They've really grown up a lot this summer, and it becomes a lot clearer when I see them run to their friends, play these elaborate pretend games with them, etc. And I love listening to Maya tell me about her day, especially when she makes a scowling face and tells me about kids who were naughty and needed a time-out. She even tells on her brother, haha! But honestly? They are having so much fun, and it's made the transition back to work a lot easier on me. I am so thankful for that.

Oh, and the fact that there's a hurricane currently headed straight toward Central Massachusetts. Right now, I am glad we are still here. Yikes!!

Anyway, we are here, and we are mostly alive! I just have to make it through tomorrow, and then I can rest for a few days. This weekend calls for some serious sleep!

No comments: