Friday, August 12, 2011

Accepting My Fate

So... We (the kids and I) went to my classroom today! I'd been feeling kind of sick about the whole thing lately. I hadn't planned to come back to teaching this year, and a very good teacher (a friend) was hoping to take my position. But because of our house situation, I simply need to keep working for the time being. And I do, in fact, love my job, and I love the kids... but I had just wanted to make a clean break, you know? A lot of my coworkers already know what's going on, but I still feel... I don't know. Embarrassed? It's hard to describe. But going back today was actually kind of therapeutic. I left my classroom in great shape, and there is something satisfying about handing out textbooks, etc. And it was made even better by having the kiddos with me, who LOVE my classroom. Maya was singing songs on the microphone, Nikos helped me pass out books, etc. It was fun to have them there. And I got a lot done, too! It's pretty much all set to go now. We were done by 11am, at which point the kids got to play on the awesome kindergarten playground. And then we went out for a celebratory lunch at In-N-Out, which was fun. I have to say, I love their current ages most of the time. Both of them are pretty independent and well-behaved most of the time, and they were delightful lunch companions. So, yay for that!

Anyway... Blogging has taken a major back seat lately, which is sad! And unhealthy for me, since this is one of my outlets for stress (and Lord knows I have enough of that going on!). I have so many pictures that are piling up and may never make it on here! So, without further ado, here are a few from the past few days.



No comments: