Sunday, August 21, 2011

The End.

Well, this is it! Tomorrow marks the end of my summer vacation, and then it's back to work on Monday. In some ways, this has been the best summer ever. Both kids are old enough that I really do enjoy their companionship and conversation. And, since I hadn't planned to return to work, I really, truly left all of that behind this summer and just lived in the moment. Yes, there was (is!) all the moving drama, but the nice thing is that I didn't have to spend the summer packing. Right?? Always look on the bright side of life (insert Monty Python whistling).

Anyhow... I've been kind of depressed the last few days, and haven't done as much fun stuff with the kids as I normally would have. It just weighs my heart down so much, having to go back to work on Monday when it wasn't in the plan. Nikos keeps begging me to stay with him. He loves going to Bonnie's house and seeing his buddies, and I know he will readjust quickly, but he does love spending time with his mommy. And that just breaks my heart!

At any rate... I decided to get my act together today and do fun stuff with them, before our long days together are over. We played, we went to Home Depot and Costco (always fun!), and we did a messy art project after nap. I have also decided that I really need to focus on my photography again. When I'm stressed/depressed, I don't focus on growing in that area, and I find that the quality of my pictures actually starts to deteriorate. I can see it and point out what's wrong, but I don't have the energy to correct it in-camera. At the same time, photography (like blogging) is a HUGE outlet for me and my sanity. So I NEED it! Yesterday, I decided to reacquaint myself with my super-awesome flash. I used it to take all of these pictures today, and I have to say I am pretty pleased with my improvement. Having cute subjects always helps, though. :)

Without further ado, how about some pictures?




Oh, and did I forget to mention that Costco was selling superhero costumes? And that Nikos has said for MONTHS now that he wants to be Spiderman for Halloween? Well... Guess who got his costume today? And guess who has it in bed with him tonight? :)

No comments: